Prather House (c. 1890)
Samuel Powell, state manager for Metropolitan Life, built this Colonial Revival house c. 1903. It served as the governor's mansion in 1921.
The Queen Anne style home was built by William and Julia Burnelle (Bernie) Babcock (c. 1890). Bernie became a prolific writer, authoring over 40 works, including The Soul of ann Rutledge. She was the first Arkansas woman to be included in Who's Who in America and later founded the Arkansas Museum of Science and Antiquities, now known as the Museum of Discovery.
Rogers House (c. 1914). This large American Forsquare features Craftsman details such as exposed rafter ends and decorative braces under the eaves of the gabled dormers.
Old Methodist Parsonage (c. 1927).
Built for attorney George Caruth (c. 1882), this house was originally a mixture of Italianate, Gothic Revival and Queen Anne styles. Extensive remodeling between 1905-1913 left its basic shape and roofline intact but replaced many features with Colonial Revival styling.
Arkansas Governor's Mansion (c. 1947-50). a newer addition to the neighborhood, the mansion occupies the original location of Rosewood, an 1840s country estate which was also home to the Arkansas School for the Blind.
Constructed for realtor W. J. Turner, this was the first large architect-designed residence in what is now the Governor's Mansion neighborhood. Orginally a rambling, red-brick Queen Anne (c. 1884-85), it was extensively remodeled into the Craftsman style in about 1917.
Turner-Fulk House (c. 1903-04). Miss Sue C. Turner hired Charles Thompson to build a very grand "spec" house-something that hand't previously been done in Little Rock. Designed in the Colonial Revival style with a Dutch Colonial gambrel roof, the house is large and well detailed.
Twenty-one year old architect Charles Thompson designed this fanciful residence in the Queen Anne style for Mr. and Mrs. William Ragland in 1889.
Murrell-Stone House (c. 1890). The original Queen Anne style house was updated in the early 20th century to add the large wraparound Colonial Revival porch. The massive single chimney serves the five individual fireplaces in five different rooms on two floors.
Frese Cottage (C. 1882) with current owner on the ste[s/
Turner-Ledbetter House (C. 1891-92). This Queen Anne style house was one of the large, costly residences built during the late 1880s and early 1890s that helped transform the neighborhood from a dominant population of shopkeepers and clerks into an enclave of the city's upper-middle class.
This Colonial Revival house with Craftsman influences was built in 1905 by Joseph Rossi, an Italian immigrant who owned a saloon on Main Street.
The original house at this location is thought to have been built in the 1870s when it was purchased by August Ellerman, a grocer who enlarged it in 1983. It was later enlarged again by the Ferlings and remolded into the Queen Anne style.
As was common from about 1895 to 1905 in Little Rock, the Scott House combines elements of both the Queen Anne and Colonial Revival styles.
Lincoln House (c. 1877-78) With its iron roof cresting, arched windows, bracketed eaves, and other Italianate characteristics, the Lincoln House usually is considered the best existing High Victorian Italianate house in Little Rock
Albert Pike built this Greek revival house (c. 1840) which later served as the Arkansas Female College. Eventually, bought by banker and cotton broker John G. Fletcher, the porch was enlarged in the Colonial Revival style. Pulitzer Prize winning poet John Gould Fletcher grew up in the house. His sister, Adolphine Fletcher Terrry used the dining room to host the Women's Committee meetings during desegration in 1958-59.
Holtzman-Vinsonhaler-Volgler House (c. 1890)